Friday, July 31, 2009

More Bebo



When we let down our hair too early in the game we are apt to end up with a messed up head. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 29 July)

A time of high stress has forced me to face my own character deficits. I am working on developing positive attitudes. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, 29 July)

Let us have a care that when we resent new ideas we are not simply demonstrating that our minds are grown old and inelastic; and let us never shirk the adventure of thought. (William Barclay, The Gospel of Luke, p. 63)

As I continue to practice putting the focus on myself, it is a relief to see I can let go of other's problems instead of trying to solve them. (Courage to Change, 17 July)

It goes without saying that your friends are usually the first to discuss your personal business behind your back. (Terry McMillan from "Mama," in , Acts of Faith, by Iylana Vanzant, 22 July)

This will be my day of review and preparation for the coming month in which I will renew my efforts to progress in my personal development. If I cannot see any improvement in the month which is ending today, I will not be discouraged for, among other things, I must learn to accept myself as I am. Everything good I can bring about must begin with that. An occasional review of my progress is an encouraging exercise, for it shows me that I am gradually learning how to live in poise and serenity. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 31 July)

*******

I made more progress in learning how Bebo works. I discovered that most of my chatroom friends set their profile to "private" if they have one. I posted an "event" to the My Lifestory display and took the tutorial. I added some photos to my "Omaha" photo album. I was able to do a bulk upload. I also moved some of the items around in the two columns of my profile display that I can control.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: