Thursday, July 30, 2009

Food As An Addiction


The time to correct small mistakes is immediately, before they get bigger and make us discouraged. (Food For Thought, 15 July)

As a nation we have made food our addiction; we use food to mask the pain of unresolved problems, while creating the additional problems associated with weight gain. (Suzanne Somers, 365 Ways to Change Your Life, Day 232)

There is so much of life for me to live, and I want to experience it in all its glory. So I work on having a positive attitude. Then I am aware of the good that is happening to me and through me. (Colleen Zuck, et al., Daily Word For Healing, p. 185)

Denial is a powerful tool. Never underestimate its ability to cloud your vision. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 24 July)

******

Yesterday I walked to the drugstore and to Radio Shack. I finished the walk with one lap in the neighborhood. I walked a total of 3.68 miles, 397 calories and 6487 steps according to my pedometer. There was a county crew doing some work on the deadend of Garrison Road. I talked with the supervisor about getting a ditch dug to drain the water from the street down to the creek bed. He told me he would write up the problem. At Radio Shack I bought an 8Gb Sandisk thumb drive that was on sale for $21.00. I'm planning to use it to do some laptop backup.

Someone interested in Hinthorn(e) genealogy sent me an Email offering to give me a domain name he purchased. I replied that I wasn't the best candidate for the offer.

In the evening I spent some time learning more about the AOL service called, Bebo. I learned that it is an OSN. Then I learned that an OSN is an Online Social Network. I have a Bebo account because AOL ported our AIM accounts to the new service when they bought it. I noticed that there were URLs pointing to my old AOL journals. I was able to edit those out of date postings, replacing them with the URLs for Mr. Dickie's Blog and Arrow Prayers on Google. I also used drag and drop to remove several widgets from my page that I'm not using yet. So far I'm finding it much more difficult to understand Bebo than it is to understand Facebook, my other OSN. I did notice that there have been almost 900 visits to my profile. I don't know how far back that counter was installed. I don't have any Bebo friends yet and I'm not sure whether I want any.

Today I need to add $25.00 to my AT&T GoPhone. I think I did this online the last time. I hope I don't have to spend a lot of time trying to recall the steps in the process.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: