Saturday, July 11, 2009

Knowing What To Do


Anytime you start measuring your value by someone else's standard, you set yourself up for failure. (Ric Engram, Pace Yourself, 16 June)

... unexpressed feelings never die: they're buried alive and come forth later in uglier ways. (Stephen R. Covey, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, p. 209)

Sit quietly and ask God to prepare you to hear ... (The Upper Room Disciplines - 2006, 9 June)

A closer walk with God is time well spent! (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 185)

Knowing what to do and doing it are not the same. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today!, 27 May)


  • Movie actor Karl Malden died this week at the age of ninety-seven. Last night the TCM channel showed an unscheduled tribute starting at 8:00 p.m. They showed three films in which he played an important supporting role: On the Waterfront; A Streetcar Named Desire; and The Birdman of Alcatraz. I put a couple of tapes in the VCR to record the movies. I wonder when we will find time to watch them. Today one of the channels is going to show three Harry Potter movies. You'd need ten hours of time to watch those.

  • I went for an hour walk at Schrom Park yesterday. Most of the time I was the only one on the trail. I listened to my Oasis player while I walked. According to my pedometer I walk just under four miles in an hour and five minutes.

  • Cyndi has been in Los Angeles all week working on the filming of some Touchstone Energy Cooperatives commercials. I never know when they are ready or when they will be shown on television. There logo is three people holding hands. If you see the commercials sometime let us know which network they were on.

  • One of my college classmates was trying to remember the first name of another classmate. He posted a message to several of us on Facebook. I went to the basement to get my annual so I could prepare an answer. I sent the answer to all who received the message with the question.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: