Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Other People's Recovery

Photo: Azteh New Media

Since you have control over your own thoughts and actions, you can choose to correct any situation instead of waiting around for someone else to do it. (Susan Smith Jones, Choose to Live Each Day Fully, Day 182)

There are some people you are never going to be "right" with. No matter what you say, how you say it, what you do or how you do it, there are people who are going to find something "wrong" with everything. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today!, 21 June)

Some relish their sufferings so much that everything that happens is ballooned to enormous proportions in the re-living and the telling. Self-pitiers are difficult to wean away from their martyrdom until the joys of serenity and contentment dawn on them ... (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 28 June)

Other people's recovery is not our job. We cannot make them happy. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go., 5 July)

Yesterday Melva and I went for a fifty-minute walk at Schrom Park. We thought we might be able to pick some raspberries. There weren't enough ripe berries to make it worthwhile. Later I went for a short walk in the neighborhood. I picked up some of the trash that was lying on Hendricks Drive after the trash pickup. This happens on both weekly trash pickup days on this street. There are too many people living in these single-family dwellings with too few trash containers.
I'm reading a book I checked out of the library. The topic is online Google applications. I'm also looking at the online ZOHO applications. Both offer similar services. I discovered I could sign on the ZOHO using my "new" Google GMail address.
I'm still stewing about WalMart not having the advertised thumb drives when I made a trip to the store on Sunday. Apparently they never came in. I should no better than to patronize this company.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: