Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Moment in Eternity

Photo: Aztech New Media



Do you worry about the moment when you die? Our life is only a moment in eternity. Think and you will see that you have eternity behind you and before you, and between there two huge abyssess, what difference does it make whether you live three days or three centuries. (Marcus Aurelius in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 24 June)

Many a man is at his best in society and at his worst at home. All too commonly we are gracious, courteous, obliging to strangers and the very opposite when there is no one but our own folk to see. (William Barclay, The Gospel of Luke, p. 52)

A person who has spoiled his stomach will criticize his meals saying that the food is bad; the same thing happens with people who are not satisfied with their lives in this world. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 31 May)

It is very easy to get stuck living your life for others, doing what they want you to do in order for them to get what they need. There is a very delicate balance between "my life," "our lives," and "your life." (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 177)

  • Yesterday I set up an account with Mozy.com for 2Gb of free backup space. I did a test using the files in my Notes folder. I was able to restore one file in another folder afterwards. I also downloaded the more than fifty page user manual. I'll need to study the manual to get a better understanding of how the service works. They offer unlimited backup for $4.95 a month. Because I'm always concerned about computer failure I think this might be a good way to protect the RootsMagic genealogy files that I've converted.

    Last night while I was sitting in my neighbor Fred's garage visiting with him a heavy rain shower started. The rain was blowing into the garage and soaking the green carpet. When we realized that the garage door needed to be closed I grabbed his umbrella and headed for home. My shoes got soaked by all of the water running down the sidewalk in front out our house.

    Mr. Dickie

No comments: