Monday, July 20, 2009

Charging My Batteries


Photo: Aztech New Media


"Love your neighbor yet pull not down your hedge." (George Herbert in Courage to Change, 5 July)

To expect life to be tailored to our specifications is to invite frustration. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 9 July)

I will not overreact by taking ... [other people's] issues too personally and too seriously; I will not underreact by denying that certain behaviors are inappropriate and not acceptable to me. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 16 July)

I am comforted by the traditions of family and faith and by the meaningfulness they add to my life. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 17 July)

Frank McCourt, the author of the book, "Angela's Ashes" died of melanoma cancer on 19 July 2009. Those reading my blog may recall that several days ago I wrote about bringing the book upstairs to add to the stack of books I want to read. He won the Pulitzer Prize for this book. Now I have even more reason to follow-up on my intention to read the book.

During the weekend I noticed that there is a "rewards" program associated with our VISA card. Maybe I should have paid more attention to what was written on the monthly statement. Cyndi was here yesterday evening. She helped me use the computer to get my account up-to-date and then we requested two $25.00 rewards checks. Talk about "being asleep at the switch."

  • Another of Melva's customers got in touch. Melva took the phone call and I quickly reminded her that the person calling might not know about the move to Crofton. She didn't.
  • I spent some time yesterday taking pictures of the molas Jim gave to Melva. I used my copy stand to take the photos of the smaller molas and I went outside to make the pictures of the larger ones. Melva wants to take some of them out of the frames to use in some projects she has in mind.
  • It was time to replace the AAA batteries in my headset radio. A while back I purchased a set of rechargeable batteries. Yesterday I charged the batteries for the first time. I'd forgotten that the red light on the charger goes out when the batteries are fully charged. I'll need to find the instructions for the radio because all of the stations must be reset after the new batteries are installed. Today I'm charging a set of AA batteries that I'll install in my portable CD player. My camera also uses AA batteries. I have three sets of those.

    Mr. Dickie

No comments: