Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July


Photo: Aztech New Media

"If you're going through hell, don't stop to take pictures!" (Wally Amos in Faith in the Valley, Iyanla Vanzant, p. 198)

Do not take things personally that are not your issues. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 26 June)

When you get right down to it, "wrong" is life's way of letting you know what you need to know in order to get the "right results" for your efforts. Now what's wrong with that? (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today! 7 June)

I must go on day after day trying to face myself as I am, and [trying] to correct whatever is keeping me from growing into the person I want to be. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 19 June)

Today, I will open myself to the cleansing and healing process that will put closure on yesterday and open me to the best today and tomorrow has to offer ... (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 13 June)

  • Last night I enjoyed listening to some streaming audio programs from National Public Radio. I listened to Tom Rush performing on the 17 Jun 2009 Mountain Stage program from West Virginia. This set was just over twenty-three minutes. The last song he sang was the Doby Gray hit, Drift Away. I also listened to a set by a Mr. Mason performed at the Newport Folk Festival in 2008.
  • Melva talked to her sister, Aura, this morning. There was an earthquake in Panama during the night.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: