Monday, July 27, 2009

We Have a Choice


I can't keep thoughts from coming into my head, but I have a choice about whether or not to entertain those thoughts for the next hour. Am I making the choices I want to make, or is habit making my choices for me? A change of attitude means a change in my thinking. I will look at the principles I am practicing today. "We must alter our lives in order to alter our hearts, for it is impossible to live one way and pray another." Wiliam Law (Courage to Change, 27 July)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we don't want to live our lives caught in the "what might have been" doldrums, we can assess where we are and how we happen to be here. We can stop feeling regretful about lost time and concentrate on the possibilities now.

If we haven't achieved any of the goals we previously set for ourselves, we can make new goals and achieve each of them one step at a time. We have the rest of our lives to live, and we can realistically shape new goals that are both challengling and reachable. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 27 July)

No comments: