Friday, July 17, 2009

Life Principle


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Omaha, NE)


One of the most important principles to remember in life is, you always get exactly what you expect! (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 202)

May we see our days as precious and value those around us, wherever they are in life's journey. (The Upper Room Disciplines - 2006, 4 July)

We cannot drop out of human involvement without endangering our spiritual health. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 13 July)

A spiritual sense of self is important in my quest to find out who I am and what kind of person I want to be. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 12 June)

I will try to listen and learn from others and thereby save myself some pain. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 10 July)


  • Yesterday I attended the meeting of the Bowie Senior Computer Club. We didn't have a speaker. There was a good discussion of computer problems and possible solutions. Bob brought in his HP desktop and replaced the power supply. I enjoyed watching that demonstration.

  • I noticed an article on AOL that Frank McCourt, the author of "Angela's Ashes," is gravely ill.

  • In the evening I watched an hour show on ABC that I liked very much, "J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life." The piece was filmed during the writing of the last of the seven Harry Potter books.

  • I tried to install a screen capture program called, Cropper on my laptop. The project "came up a cropper." I wonder what that expression means.
    Melva went to her quilting class this morning.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: