Thursday, July 23, 2009

Empty Chatter

Photo: Aztech New Media

I see myself living my highest potential in every area of my life. (Susan Smith Jones, Choose to Live Each Day Fully, Day 184)

No human wisdom is adequate to make life wholly satisfying and successful. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 4 July)

If you keep saying things are going to be bad, you have a good chance of being a prophet. (Isaac Bashevis Singer in Touchstones, 12 July)

One telephone conversation can put us in an emotional and psychological tailspin that lasts for hours or days. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 15 July)

Nothing can support idleness better than empty chatter. People would be better to keep silent and not speak the boring, empty things they routinely say to entertain themselves. How can they endure it? (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 16 July)

Yesterday I went for a 65-minute walk at Schrom Park. I listened to Wayne Taylor on my Oasis while I walked. I covered 3.92 miles according to my pedometer. There were lots of people using the park.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: