Thursday, July 9, 2009

Trip to the Library

Photo: Aztech New Media


Discipline is order, training, practice, study. Without it, our lives are ineffective and full of chaos. ... Discipline is a tool which produces self-respect and a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. (Food For Thought, 21 June)

Fair play is primarily not blaming others for anything that is wrong with us. (Eric Hofferin in Touchstones, 2 July)

As we work [our] ... program, we become more aware of the people and activities that use up our energies unnecessarily. Avoiding them gives us more time and strength for what means most to us. (Food For Thought, 1 July)

  • Yesterday I took a couple of books back to the library. I finished reading "Creating Family Web Sites for Dummies," by Janine Warner. I checked out another "dummies" book. This was is about Google Apps. I stopped at the bookstore to visit with volunteers, Joan and Daniel. My other friend, Ed, was there when I arrived. I bought a nice book about Lancashire, England for a dollar. This is the area of England where my Henthorn ancestors lived.

  • This morning I checked my library account to see if the book I checked out yesterday shows up in my "Reading History" list. It did. It took a while to understand how this new option works. Some people won't like it because they are afraid of the "library police." I think I will enjoy being able to review what books I've read.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: