Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Doughnut Hole or the Whole Doughnut

Photo: Mr. Dickie (One of our azaleas - 2009)


I tune into my body and give myself permission to take time off from the world when I need to so I can replenish my body, mind, and spirit. (Susan Smith Jones, Choose To Live Each Day Fully, Day 171)

Until today, you may have spent a good portion of your day beating up on yourself for all the things you did not do to our satisfaction. Just for today, forgive yourself for the way you have treated yourself. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today!, 11 June)

If you attack a problem, you are going to get your butt whipped. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 22 June)

A good life is given only to those who make efforts to achieve it. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 27 June)

Which would you rather do, see the doughnut hole, or eat the whole doughnut? (Mr. Dickie, 28 June 2009)

Yesterday Melva and I spent the afternoon at Cyndi's apartment. Her friend Cassie was there. Cyndi made steak and chicken on her Hamilton Beach electric grill. After we ate we played two games of Yahtze. Cassie won both games. We drove the Toyota and enjoyed listening to Roy Orbison during the trip. I only spotted one idiot reading while driving on the Beltway this time. I lost a $5.00 bet with Melva on the women's tennis final when Serana Williams beat her sister, Venus. I'll try to get my money back today.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: