Thursday, July 31, 2008

Canna Lily


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Canna Lily)

  • Truth has a way of scrambling the brain - not the brain of the giver, the brain of the receiver! (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 115)
  • When I feel threatened by my anger, I will do my best to give myself time out to sort through my actions and their consequences. (Jonathon and Wendy Lazear, Meditations for Parents Who Do Too Much, 12 May)

Yesterday I continued to work on the project to update the "Links" page on my genealogy website. I checked all of the URLs to dedtermine whether they were still working. Quite a few of them were broken. There were about a half dozen that I'll have to remove and about a half dozen that I can fix.

I discovered a new website with information about the Brierly/Brierley family. This family links to my Henthorn family of England. The Brierly branch came from Lancashire, England about 1845. They settled in Worcester county, Massachusetts. Until I found this website I'd never heard that this branch was also in the United States. It's been a long time since I've made a discovery this interesting.

The flower displayed with this entry is one Melva has blooming this year. Some of the plants are in the ground and some are growing in large pots. She digs up the roots each fall and brings them in the house for the winter.

Mr. Dickie

Posted by Picasa

No comments: