Monday, July 7, 2008

What Changed?

  • I should like to enjoy this summer flower by flower, as if it were to be the last one for me. (Andre Gide in Thinking Outside the Church by Jennifer Leigh Selig, p. 160)
  • We must value our ideas, our energy, our time and our life to such an infinite degree that we become unwilling to waste who we are. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 6 June)

Last night I noticed that the right-hand sidebar of this blog and the slideshow at the end of blog moved. The sidebar is now posted at the end of the blog. That's not where I want it. I don't have a clue about what caused it.

When I tried to post a photo with this blog entry I couldn't get that to work either. Should expect things to work that I got for free?

I took some 35mm negatives to the drugstore yesterday to have them put on CDs. The clerk told me I could put about 200 photos on each CD. I don't know whether that's true or not. When I went to pick up the job she had created three CDs and each one had thirty or less photos. The worst thing was she didn't understand how to load the CDs into the machine. About half of the landscape shots are upside down on the CDs. This can be corrected with a photo editor on the computer. This is a very tedious process and shouldn't be necessary. To say the least I was disappointed in how my experiement turned out. Each CD cost $3.99 cents. I was hoping to get a bargain if they could put 200 photographs on each one. Further experimentation is needed.

Last night I discovered that the Google Picasa photo program can create a photo display that can be uploaded to a website. I did a test with four photographs. It worked on my own computer. There are several display formats from which to choose. The next step is to upload the various pieces to some webspace to see if I can get it to work on the Internet. Because I usually upload one file at a time on AOL this process is going to take a while. Whenever I discover something new it isn't long before I discover that there is something I don't understand. Usually I can't seem to find the documentation I need. It's challenging and frustrating.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: