Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family Group

Photo: Cyndi Henthorn

  • There is a limit to what you can accomplish in helping others. (Alan L. Roeck, Look to This Day, 25 May)
  • God has given me the ability to think clearly and creatively and the freedom to be the pilot of my own life. (Colleen Zuck, Daily Word, Day 75)
  • I will approach this day with enthusiasm, eager to recognize and claim all the good that is in store for me. I am determined to find joy today and to share it freely with others. (At My Best, 28 June)
I'm interested in using MSN Groups to create a place where members of the Carlson and Hagstrom families could post messages and photographs about our families. From my preliminary investigation it appeared that the photo album feature would work very nicely for this purpose. If each family group can create their own album and if it's easy to caption the photos then folks will probably want to use the group.

It wasn't easy to find out how the groups work. I finally decided to join MSN and create a group and learn by doing. Once I created the group (Carlson and Hagstrom Family) and clicked on the "Help" button I discovered that there's lots of good information there about how to do things.

When I tried to upload a photograph from my computer to the group I ran into the same problem I encountered with this Google group. The upload took forever and never terminated. I accepted the MSN offer to install some photo uploading software. This software allows the sender to select more than one photo at a time to upload. This was just what I needed. The photo uploads went smoothly once I downloaded the software which automatically installed.

I posted some Welcome messages and created two message boards where I'll post information about our family and where cousin Fran Witt can post messages about their family if she decides to join the group.

I made the group "private" which means membership is by invitation only and only the members can view the information.

The next step is to send an invitation to cousin Fran so she can test it out and give me some feedback.

If I can get several family members to take part this could be a lot of fun.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: