Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Western Maryland Scenic Railroad


Photo: Mr. Dickie

  • The only way I can achieve peace is if I set my sights on it. I must learn to slow down, lessen the intensity in my life. (Meditations for Parents Who Do Too Much, Jonathon and Wendy Lazear, 19 April)
  • In my search for self-knowledge, I will pay special attention to the spiritual voice within. (A Time to Be Free, 5 May)
  • What other people are doing or have done is not something you have to be concerned with or involved in. (Faith in the Valley, Iyanla Vanzant, p. 166)
  • ... extreme poverty is also violence ... (Family Feelings, Vanceburg and Silverman, 7 July)

Today's photograph was taken by Mr. Dickie at the Frostburg, Maryland terminus of the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad which runs from Cumberland, Maryland to Frostburg. Dick and Melva went to the train depot to meet the daily train when it arrived at 12:30 p.m. They've taken the train ride once in the fall to see the foliage.

Dick used "BlogThis!" to upload and size the photograph. Afterwards he posted the text to the blog entry.

Yesterday I sent out invitations to some of my cousins to join the Carlson and Hagstrom Family group on MSN. The purpose of this group is to give us a place where we can share information and photographs about our families. It's an experiment. I have no idea if there will be enough interest in such a thing to make it a place where folks will want to return often.

Mr. Dickie

Posted by Picasa

No comments: