Friday, August 1, 2008

Grotto of Lourdes - Emmitsburg, MD


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Grotto of Lourdes - Emmitsburg, MD)

  • It is one thing to promise, and quite another to perform. (His Passion, Day 155)
  • It goes without saying that your friends are usually the first to discuss your personal business behind your back. (Terry McMillan, from "Mame," in Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant, 22 July)
  • In your relationships always read the fine print. (after Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 31 July)

I was thinking about my career in data processing. The thing I always disliked about working in this field was that most of the time I felt like I was playing catch-up. Every time there was a problem it seemed like it was a new one, one I'd never seen before. This provided a wonderful opportunity for learning and a lot of stress. Sometimes I wished the latest problem would be one I'd seen before so I could apply knowledge already gained to fixing whatever was wrong. I suppose many of my co-workers thrived in such an environment. I don't recall feeling like I was thriving.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: