Saturday, July 12, 2008

Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport, Virginia

Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport, Virginia
Photo: Mr. Dickie
  • Obsessively reviewing everyone's behavior focuses my attention where it doesn't belong and keeps me too busy to have many serenity. (Courage to Change, 7 July)
  • We make "ourselves" sick trying to anticipate, solve, or cover up other people's problems. (A Time to Be Free, 11 July)
  • A broader perspective, and possible change, is a vital part of my spiritual program. (Family Feelings, Vanceburg and Silverman, 9 July)
This morning I created my blog posting using an Email message. I sent the photo along as an attachment. I told the computer to shutdown after the upload was completed. Later I signed on to the Blog to post the title, which I forgot to put in the Subject line, and to add this paragraph.

Melva and I went to the postoffice this morning to send three boxes to her sisters in Panama. The postal service no longer allows us to send the boxes by surface mail. Using air mail nearly doubles the cost to ship each box.

After the stop at the postoffice we went to some of the yard sales in Bowie, Maryland. We decided to come home before we drove on all of the streets. It was just too hot to be much fun. I got lucky when I bought a brand new box of floppy discs for 25 cents. I also bought an HP Deskject F4140 All-in-One printer scanner for $15.00. There wasn't a manual or USB cable (I have at least one USB cable I'm not using). Later in the afternoon I'll go to the library to use their computers to download a set of the manuals and the driver. If I can just get it to scan some old photographs I'll be satisfied. I'm interested in learning about scanning. I haven't scanned anything since I worked at The Library of Congress.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: