Thursday, July 3, 2008

4th of July


Photo: Internet (Niagara Falls Fireworks)

  • The one area of life that cannot be addressed on a part-time basis is the spiritual life. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 11 May)

    Yesterday I spent some time trying to clear some of the paper clutter from the area around the computers. I sorted papers, shredded papers, and filed papers. I didn't eliminate all the mess but I did make some progress. Dealing with this problem never ends. As soon as I think I've got it under control I start making new piles of papers on the floor. It's not an easy mental issue to deal with. As a matter of fact making another pile is much easier than starting a project to clear the clutter.

    I searched the Internet for some 4th of July photos. I found many that I really liked. I've always wondered why AOL doesn't let me save a JPEG file in that format. Rather than start up the Internel Explorer, which let's me save JPEG files, I just let AOL save the pictures I wanted in the .BMP format. The photo that appears with this blog shows fireworks behind the Brooklyn Bridge, one of the greatest engineering feats of all time. If you are interested in the story of how the bridge was built read the book by David McCullough.

    Today I prepared this blog entry offline and then submitted using Email. The Email posting didn't work, so I prepared the entry to old way.

    Mr. Dickie

No comments: