Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blue Hydrangea




Photo: Mr. Dickie

  • My life matters and it matters how I live my life! (Teresa Ann Willis, It's All Good!, 25 July)
  • I must be aware of my limitations. They are as important to acknowledge as my strengths. (Jonathon and Wendy Lazear, Meditations For Parents Who Do Too Much, 28 July)
  • My life is an unfolding journey of discovery and I am continually learning more about myself and awakening to my spiritual identity. (Colleen Zuck, et al., Daily Word For Healing, p. 123)


The other day there was an article in The Washington Post about out-of-the-way sculpture around town. One of the pieces was at the student union of the University of Maryland in College Park, MD. The piece is of university graduate, Jim Henson and Kermit the Frog sitting on a granite bench. Yesterday afternoon Melva and I drove to the campus. We found a parking garage across the street from the student union where it cost $2.00 to park for thirty minutes. We took about a half dozen photgraphs including two of each of us sitting on the bench. There was one bothersome late afternoon shadow that got into several shots. The statues are very nice. Once I get the photographs loaded onto the computer I plan to share some of them.

One of my genealogy friends sent me an Email announcing that he had purchased another computer. I wonder what genealogy program he'll use next. Both of us were longtime users of the LDS (DOS) program, Personal Ancestral File. In my own case converting to RootsMagic has been a very tedious process which I may never complete.

Mr. Dickie

Posted by Picasa

No comments: