Saturday, July 5, 2008

Formula One

Formula One Car
Photo: Internet
  • The secret of making one's self tiresome, is, not to know when to stop. (Voltaire, in At My Best, 30 June)
  • Recover is a journey, not a destination. (Program saying, Body, Mind, and Spirit, 20 June)

One of the things I like to watch on cable television is Formlua One auto races. This is a strange kind of car racing. The cars are built to have tremendous downforce. This makes them highly maneuverable and very difficult to pass. Often the races are won because of what happens in the pits. Some teams might try to run the entire two-hour race with only one tire change while others will use two tire changes. Because passing is so difficult this kind of racing is markedly different from the kinds of races that are run in this country.

For the last several days I have been posting HotLinks on my Henthorn Website News blog. I created lists for:

  1. Henthorn, Jennings and Watson Families
  2. State and County Websites
  3. Baker Family
  4. Yoho Family

I visited MicroSoft Groups yesterday. I'm thinking about creating a group where members of my Carlson/Hagstrom family could share information and photographs. The format of the MSN Groups appears to lend itself well to what I have in mind. I looked at a Quilting group and discovered that they had many photo albums in the group. Some albums had one photograph and others had many. The photos were captioned. Captioning is important and that seems to be a short-coming of the Google Groups.

I watched some of the PBS 4th of July show from the Washington, DC Mall last night. It started raining at our house, several miles east of the mall, just about the time the show started. I couldn't tell if we were watching the live show or a video of the rehearsal from Thursday night. I stopped watching when the host, Jimmy Smits, started talking about how the members of our armed forces are fighting to save democracy. I don't know why we have our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan but I'm not buying that we are there to save democracy.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: