Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Melva's Garden


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Melva's Garden)

  • I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday. (Stephen R. Covey, Daily Reflections For Highly Effective People, 8 July)
  • You cannot want more for people than they want for themselves. (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 156)
  • I will try to apply Easy Does It to every incident that might increase the tension and cause an explosion. I will try to realize that an exchange of hostile words will not help me to find the serenity I want. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 7 July)
  • I will find ways to make my life more interesting, take a fresh view of the pleasant things that happen each day. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 9 July)

Today on my Henthorn Website News I featured Catherine Hester (Foreaker) Fedorchak. For many years she wrote a column about genealogy research for the Monroe County Ohio Beacon. Several of the families she wrote about in her columns were of interest to me. My posting has HotLinks to pages on my website. There's a copy of her obituary and copies of articles about the following families: Atkinson, Baker, Foggin, Henthorn, Hickman, Kyger, Yockey and two about Yoho.

The photo collage today is shots I took of Melva's Garden. I used the Google Picasa program to create the collage. I like using this method to show more than one photo with the daily blog entry. The large white and red flowers are hibiscus. Each bloom lasts only one day. The white flowers in the upper right photograph are coneflowers. The yellow flowers with the black centers are black-eyed Susans (the Maryland state flower).

Mr. Dickie

Posted by Picasa

No comments: