Friday, July 18, 2008

Vacation Time

Just because I can, I'm posting this to my Google Blog while we are on vacation. We are visiting western Maryland and West Virginia. We are going to spend a couple of nights at the Best Western in Berkley Springs, WV. I used the 800 number to make a reservation. After we check out we'll have a family meeting to discuss how that worked out. I have a hunch it depends on whether we have high expectations.

At 12:30 p.m. today we were at the train station in Frostburg, MD when the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad train arrived from Cumberland. Today they were using the steam locomotive. I took about a dozen photographs with the new digital camera. One didn't turn out. The rest looked pretty good. There's a turntable at the end of the line. It's amazing to watch how that huge locomotive is turned around for the return trip.

When I get home I should have some fun posting some of the pictures I'm taking during the trip.

I read the story of Helen Keller's life while we were in Frostburg. It's a small book and quite easy to read. Maybe I'll have more to say about that later on.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: