Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Some Quotes

  • This day is too precious to waste by resenting things I can't change. (Courage to Change, 8 May)
  • I am the only one who can tell my story. (Courage to Change, 10 May)
  • I never know from where a message will come. (Courage to Change, 10 May)
  • Chronic self-neglect is a condition that is easily produced in a troubled family. (Family Feelings, Vanceburg and Silverman, 21 June)
  • The work we do to improve our own health is the most important task in our lives. (Body, Mind and Spirit, 11 May)

If you are wondering where I'm getting all of these quotes, they come from my daily reading. I have a stack of books that I read from each day. Most of the books have one page for each day. I find this morning reading to be very helpful. Many of the books follow the philosophy of the many recovery programs. When I find something that "speaks" to me I copy the statement on to a note pad that I keep on a small clip board on the nightstand.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: