Friday, July 25, 2008

Chesapeake and Ohio Canal Collage

Photo: Mr. Dickie
Three of the four photographs in this collage were taken at the C&O Canal Park in Cumberland, Maryland. The one in the upper right corner was taken south of Cumberland, near Lock 75. You can see the towpath along the left side of the photograph. The photo in the lower left is a shot of the Potomac River. The statue of the boy and his towpath mule is in front of the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad depot. The canal ran from Cumberland, Maryland to Georgetown in Washington, DC, just over 187 miles. It was one of the first major engineering feats built in this country.
Whatever comes we must prepare to face it. There are no guarantees. (Jonathon and Wendy Lazear, Meditations for Parents Who Do Too Much, 19 April)
By the way, when I use the BlogThis! feature to load the photo collage to my blog I'm telling the software I want the image centered. After the photo is in place I've been adding the text. This isn't working like I want. I'm not able to turn off the centering. I'll try something else tomorrow to see if I can regain control of the formatting.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: