Friday, July 11, 2008

Blackwater Falls, West Virginia

Blackwater Falls, West Virginia

Photo: Mr. Dickie

  • Difficult people need not cause me difficulty. (At My Best, 23 April)
  • There's nothing easier to postpone than confronting conflict. (Mary H. Frakes, MindWalks, p. 191)
  • We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as we are. (Courage to Change, 26 May)
  • We are guided on our journey by a power greater than ourselves, but the steps we take must be our own. (Courage to Change, 31 May)

Yesterday I worked on the project to load photographs from three CDs to the hard drive on the laptop. The CDs were created from 35mm negatives of photographs we took in the past. I had the photo shop at the drugstore put them on the CDs. The person who did the job didn't know how to do the job. I thought I was going to be able to put a couple of hundred images on one CD. That plan didn't work out. Instead I ended up with three CDs with a total of 65 good images. Unfortunately about half of the landscape images were upside down. During the process of copying the images to the harddrive I rotate all of those images and the portrait images.

One of the places Melva and I have enjoyed visiting is the Blackwater Falls, West Virginia state park. The image accompanying this blog entry is one taken during one of our visits to the falls. To get to the falls it's necessary to walk down a long set of wooden stairs. There are a couple of platforms along the way with places to sit down if you need a break.

I couldn't get the photo to upload to the blog using the blog editor. I went back to AOL, attached the photograph to an Email and used that method to post the photo. It still took a long time, about seven minutes. After the image uploaded I waited about five minutes before I came back to the blogger to write the blog entry. Patience is a virture.

Mr. Dickie


No comments: