Sunday, July 27, 2008

Learning Experience


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Melva's Cactus)

  • ...everyday is a learning experience, a part of the process of "becoming." ... I am in the process of becoming ... What I do daily is what I will become. [It's all part of human being. REH] (Jonathon and Wendy Lazear, Meditations for Parents Who Do Too Much, 19 June)
  • Just for today, pay close attention to how you think. (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 135)

Yesterday there was an article in The Washington Post about further cutbacks at AOL. Apparently, little by little, they are dropping some of the features they offered to subscribers. I've noticed that they never make an online announcement when they drop a service. Apparently they can't make enough money with their XDrive service to keep it running. I tried out the free part of the service. I found it hard to use. After I asked one of my genealogy friends to try it out I stopped trying to learn more about it. The article also mentioned something about discontinuing photographs with blogs. The article wasn't clear about what this means. Because we are still paying AOL to use the service it's rather upsetting whenever they remove some feature that we are using.

Yesterday I realized that there's another way to upload photographs for use in my Arrow Prayers blog. Last night I used the My Pictures function to upload ten photographs at one time to my Shoebox Album. This morning I was able to quickly select and include a photo from the Shoebox Album in the daily blog entry. This got around a problem I'd been having with photos I took myself. Often I couldn't get the photo to load from the blog editor.

When I worked at The Library of Congress I found a book titled: Thomas Cresap: Maryland Frontiersman by Kenneth P. Bailey. This 322 page book was published in 1944. I read the book when I found it. Every since I have been looking for a copy. I'd like to read it again. I made some Internet searches for the book and didn't have any luck. Maybe there is a copy in the Maryland Room of our county library. I'll have to check.

Mr. Dickie

Posted by Picasa

No comments: