Friday, October 16, 2009

Windows 7


To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming is the only end of life. (Robert Louis Stevenson in One More Day by Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, 24 September)

[I'll] ... add a spiritual dimension to my life; then I will never be alone in dealing with whatever troubles may appear. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 4 September)

We can change negatives into positives, but it requires time and great emotional effort. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 9 October)

The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth,
One is nearer God's heart in a garden,
Than anywhere else on earth.

******

Yesterday at the Computer Club meeting one of the members talked about the factors to consider before making a decision whether to upgrade your computer to Windows 7. Afterwards I got to thinking, "I've become obsolete." He discussed what people using Windows XP would need to consider and what people using Windows Vista would need to consider. He didn't mention Windows 2000 and I didn't bother to ask. Windows 2000 Professional is the operating system installed on my laptop that broke and the desktop computer I'm using now. Maybe that's fortunate. If I want to use Windows 7 all I need to do is buy a new computer with the operating system installed.

I'm having fun making Facebook friends with some family members of the younger generation. For the first time some of our relatives in the United States have become my friends.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: