Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Mess in the Shed

Photo: Aztech New Media

Today, I will do what I can within the limits of one day... (Touchstones, 30 August)

Procrastination is the thief of time. (Edward Young in Touchstones, 30 August)

...do whatever it takes, whatever you need to do, to order your life, let go of excess baggage and consciously focus on what is important. (Susan Smith Jones, Choose to Live Each Day Fully, Day 269)

******

Fifteen years ago, in 1994, I built a storage shed from a kit. The floor of the shed was chipboard. I wonder who thought that was a good idea. I also wonder why I didn't replace the flooring that came in the kit without something better. A section of the flooring, two feet side and eight feet long, soaked up water like a sponge. It finally fell apart under the vinyl tiles I'd put on top of it. Yesterday I worked for several hours to remove the bad section and clean up the mess. I have two pieces of treated plywood, left over from when I had new shed doors built. I think I can repair the damage once I purchase another treated 2x4 to place in the middle of the opening.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: