Monday, October 12, 2009

Thinking

We don't make significant progress in our thinking if we're only listening to ourselves think. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 29 September)

...magical thinking... will take you on a carpet ride to nowhere. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today!, 3 September)

Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself. (Louisa May Alcott in Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant, 25 September)

******

I used my neighbors saw to cut away the damaged flooring in our shed and I bent all of the protruding nails in the walls out of the way. There's lots of work left to do before I'll finish the project. It's hard work for an old back and knees.

When my laptop computer stopped working I lost track of what I have to do in order to sign on to my Verizon FIOS accounts. I was relying on some desktop icons that the installer placed on my computer. I looked for a 3x5 card with a record of what I needed to know. Of course, there wasn't one. Luckily I finally remembered enough to get signed on. I paid attention to business this time and prepared a card. Once I got signed on Verizon asked me to verify my Email address. I don't know what that's all about. They had to send me a three-digit code as part of the process. For some reason they sent the message twice with different codes. I tried the first code and it didn't work. That was because the code in the second message took precedence.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: