Saturday, October 24, 2009

Remembering Cat Lai, Vietnam

Photo: Transportation Corps Museum
(1099th Transportation Company (Medium Boat) - Cat Lai, Vietnam)

[Don't] ... waste time pretending that things are okay when they are not. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today!, 15 October)

I am seeking a saner approach to everything I encounter. (Courage to Change, 13 October)

... the attitudes and activities which undermine our integrity have to go. (Food For Thought, 13 October)

******

Yesterday I worked on a project to create Delicious bookmarks for Transportation Corps websites. I found one for an association of Vietnam vets, others for the 11th Transportation Battalion, one for the 1099th Transportation Company (Medium Boat) and one for the 199th Light Infantry Brigade. I enjoyed looking at all of the photographs and reading the text. I'm reminded of how much I have forgotten about that year at Cat Lai, Vietnam. For example I have forgotten the exact dates I was in there. I know the period was in 1967 - 1968 but can't remember the starting or ending month. There must be a record around here someplace.

Mr. Dickie

1 comment:

Mr. Dickie said...

There's something on our livingroom wall with the dates of Vietnam service, September 1967 to August 1968. The Battalion Commanders were: LTC Friend and LTC Nathaniel Thompson. I was at Cat Lai, on 31 Jan 1968 - Tet Offensive.