Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Did It Again


Some people have a way of acting as if their life is not their responsibility. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today! 19 October)

I will work on keeping a peaceful mind in order to smooth out my rougher days. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 20 October)

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake. (Victor Hugo in Courage to Change, 19 October)

******

I woke up at 5:30 a.m. Both sides of my nose were blocked. Once I was awake I didn't try to go back to sleep. I did my daily reading, read some of the newspaper, put on a Brahms CD and the headset, and turned on the computer. I'm ready for another day.

I did it again. Twice in the last month I bought CDs at the thrift store that weren't really CDs. I mean to say, they were samples or promos. They looked like CDs but both of them only had two songs. Oh well, I only spent a dollar. I hope I got the message. I'm not really looking at what I am buying.

I noticed in the book I am reading about Google Apps that I can assign "labels" to my document files that I save in the Docs App. I missed that the first time I read the chapter about this application.

We are trying to get all of the plants Melva brought inside under the lights. I made some adjustments to how the trays sit under the lights. I also moved some of the chains that suspend the shoplights in order to make better use of the length of each chain. I didn't do a good job when I bought the chain and cut it into pieces. Some pieces are too short. We get the best results when the lamps are close to the plants.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: