Monday, October 19, 2009

I Can't Remember


Just for today, make sure that what you know about yourself is reflected in what you say about yourself, because what you say about yourself influences what you believe about yourself. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until today!, 1 October)

I face challenges every day - some public, but many private. I will try to do my personal best. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 24 September)

The joys that today offers must be personally claimed, by each of us, or they will pass by unnoticed. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 12 October)

******

I've started to gather the books I plan to read from each day in 2010. So far I've been able to find all of the ones that came to mind. I was surprised by how many I found that I've never read. I have a few favorites, that I'm reading now, I intend to read some of them again next year. I wish I could remember how many years I have been following this practice.

Today there is an article in the Style section of The Washington Post about Facebook. The author's contention is that Facebook has now run its course. It's strange that the press is writing these articles when Facebook just became profitable and passed the 300 million member mark. Does the press invent stories when they have nothing else to report? If you don't think so, just reflect back to last week to examine the coverage given to "The Balloon Boy" story.

Yesterday I had trouble with my memory. I was trying to remember where my old website pages (in HTML) are stored. The worst part of it was only a few days have gone by since I last looked at the files. I know from past experience to just "let it go" when this happens. The more I obsess about it the less likelihood there is of getting what I want out of my brain. Oh well, I suppose my self-help books tell me that this is part of the joys of growing older.

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Mr. Dickie

No comments: