Sunday, October 18, 2009

People Come and Go


People [come] ... and go; situations rise and fall; it's all preparation for better things. (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 294)

Much of what I find wrong in my life is related to my opinions - that is, my prejudices, assumptions, self-righteous stances, attitudes. (Courage to Change, 14 October)

******

Melva and Cyndi went to see the ballet, Don Quixote, at the Kennedy Center last night. One of Cyndi's friends gave them tickets. I waited for Melva at Cyndi's apartment. I read my Smart Computing magazine, my HTML for Dummies book and watched the very long baseball game between the Yankees and the Angels. The Yankees finally won in the 13th inning. We were in heavy rain both going to and coming from Cyndi's apartment. Surprisingly there were only a couple of minor delays on the way to Bethesda.

I wonder why I didn't bring the CD player from the basement to the computer room a long time ago. I can tell already that I am going to enjoy having it in a place where I will use it more often.

At the end of the week I enjoyed nice long responses to some Emails I wrote earlier in the week. I really enjoy keeping in touch with friends I have know for 40 or 50 years. Without the Internet and Email I don't think any of us would be inclined to make the effort.

I found a website that allows us to use their photographs if we provide a hyperlink on the page where the photo is used. I tried this yesterday. It worked!

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Mr. Dickie

No comments: