Thursday, October 1, 2009

Watch Ken Burn's PBS Show on the National Parks

Photo: Aztech New Media

Good judgment, a careful sense of timing, courage and prudence - these are the qualities we ... [all] need ... (From Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, found in Daily Reflections, 13 September, p. 83)

It is good to have some unplanned, unstructured time in each day. (Touchstones, 21 September)

We all can name people in our lives who are wise: people who bring out the best in us, people whose lives make our lives gentler or more noble or more inspired. (The Upper Room Disciplines - 2006, 21 September)

******

I went to Lowe's yesterday to buy concrete retainer blocks for Melva's second flowerbed project. This circle will be small in diameter. I bought the smaller and cheaper blocks. I don't know how to estimate the number of blocks needed. I took a guess and bought twenty-five blocks to start.

Today is the election meeting at the Computer Club. I'm not sure they have a candidate for the position of Vice President/Program Chairman. That's a critical position because the meetings wouldn't be so interesting if we didn't have formal programs.

I hope you are finding time to watch, at least some of, the Ken Burn's PBS program about the National Parks. I think the words used in the narration add a great deal to the program.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: