Friday, October 23, 2009

Links


When we speak or act hastily or rashly, the ability to be fair-minded and tolerant evaporates on the spot. (Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 91 found in Daily Reflections, 12 october)

Meditation is the quiet and sustained application of the mind to the contemplation of a "spiritual truth." It's purpose is to deflect our minds from the problems we are experiencing, to raise our thoughts above the grievances and discontent that color our thinking. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 17 October)

******

I found another nice set of web pages, about serving at Cat Lai, Vietnam, written by Rich Walters a member of the 199th Light Infantry Brigade (Redcatcher) Communications Platoon. I think I'm in one photograph taken at a formation. I'm thinking about trying to gather the URLs to all of the pages I've found by posting them to Delicious.

The computer club website committee chairman asked me if I could post some URLs to Windows 7 articles that appeared on the Smart Computing magazine website. We finished that project yesterday, on the first day of the Windows 7 release. I also added links to PC Magazine, PC World magazine and the CNET website all of which had good coverage of the topic. The other day I installed a link to the City of Bowie links page. There visitors can find links to many of the clubs and other organizations in the Bowie, Maryland area.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: