Saturday, October 17, 2009

Music to My Ears

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards. (Soren Kierkegaard in Courage to Change, 11 October)

There are two ways not to suffer from poverty. The first is to acquire more wealth. The second is to limit your requirements. The first is not always within our power, but the second is always in our power. (Anonymous in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 3 October)

...give me wisdom and insight into my own life and the lives of others, that I may know when to speak, when to listen... (The Upper Room Disciplines - 2006, 16 September)

******

I brought a CD player up from the basement and placed it on the top of the bookshelf that's behind me when I sit at the computer. I also brought up a headset and an extension cord for the headset. My goal is to listen to more of the music on my CD collection while I am using the computer. I know some of you are going to say, "Why doesn't he just play the CDs with the computer?" That's another story. That doesn't always work well with the somewhat damaged computer I'm using now. To avoid the occasional aggravation it was easier to move the player that wasn't getting much use in the basement. The only time I needed it was once in a while during January and February when I used the treadmill. Now that we have FIOS I'll just use that service when I want music while in the basement.

Mr. Dickie

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments: