Friday, May 1, 2009

The Most Important Rule

Photo: Mr. Dickie (Greenbelt, Maryland open air market)

We cannot hope to obtain any sort of perfection in a society which is divided into two parts: rich people who rule the world and poor people who obey their orders. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 14 April)

If you have an income without working hard, then someone worked hard without receiving income. (Maimonides in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 14 April)

The final and most important rule is that we must follow all the rules, all the time. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 18 April)

  • The basketball game last night between the Celtics and Bulls went into three overtimes. The Bulls won 128 to 127. There will be a seventh game on Saturday in Boston. I watched most of the game. A few records were broken. This game will probably be one of the best of this year's NBA tournament.
  • Yesterday I went to Schrom Park for a walk. I walked five laps in an hour. Afterwards I stopped at the Greenbelt library. I bought a CD and book in the bookstore and checked out a book about Google.
  • In the evening my friend Raj from The Library of Congress called to tell me that Al Banks had been named Director of the Information Technology Service (ITS). At one time Al was a programmer on my Bill Digest team. His story of advancement is a great success story. Congratulations Al.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: