Saturday, May 2, 2009

Art Cover Exchange (ACE)

Photo: Mr. Dickie (Part of a print I purchased while in Airborne training at Fort Benning, GA, 1962)

I must maintain balance by keeping spiritual things at the center of my life. God will give me this poise and balance if I pray for it. (Alan L. Roeck, Look To This Day, 14 April)

I feast of positive words and ideas. I fast from negative thinking. (Susan Smith Jones, Choose to Live Each Day Fully, Day 106)

  • Last night I discovered that the CMT channel is showing movies in May. I watched, for a second time, the movie "O' Brother, Where Art Thou," with George Clooney. It was hard to sit through all of the long commercials. The movie is somewhat silly. The photography is beautiful and it's interesting how the movie is built around Bluegrass music. I tried to find the schedule for the rest of May at the CMT website. I didn't see it.

  • This morning I worked for two hours on a project in the basement. I have four cartons of envelopes that need review. For a few years I belonged to a club called The Art Cover Exchange. I was ACE #67. Members put artwork on envelopes that they send to each other. About half of my collection is on small envelopes and half on business sized envelopes. I intend to give the collection Charlie Delgado, ACE #20. He'll probably use some of the covers in support of club activities. One box remains to be reviewed. This project is part of my effort to reduce clutter and free up some storage space.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: