Saturday, May 9, 2009

Still Learning

Photo: Cyndi (Mr. Dickie on his 70th birthday, 7 May 2009)

Whenever we get to smart for our britches, something comes along to let us know there is a Power Greater than us. (after Melody Beattie, The New Codependency, p. 224)

I am capable of taking better care of myself ... (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 17 April)

Today I am devoted to addressing all the little things about me and in my life that I have not mastered! (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today! 14 April)

Instead of reacting immediately to some perceived offense, [I'll] take time to cool down. (Kay Arthur, Search My Heart, O God, 14 April)
  • Yesterday I shot my first two videos with the digital camera. I took one outside. I panned across the front of the house, taking in all of the blooming azaleas. I put the camera on a tripod and shot one of myself in the house. I learned a few things and discovered that I need to learn more. I found out that there is no speaker on the camera. To hear the sound the file must be downloaded to the computer. You can't rotate a video like you can a still. The mode for shooting a video is landscape. I didn't succeed in uploading the video to Facebook. It appeared to work but I couldn't get it to play.
  • I learned that there is a family website for the Cooley family. One of my Henthorn female relatives, of Pike county, Illinois, married a Cooley. Friend, Vickie, helped me get reinstated on the website. I posted a short "news" item to let folks know I celebrated my 70th birthday. Vickie posted the two birthday photos I shared.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: