Monday, May 11, 2009

Our Garden



Photos: Mr. Dickie (Our garden, Spring 2009)

The rewards from detachment are great: serenity; a deep sense of peace; the ability to give and receive love in self-enchancing, energizing ways; and the freedom to find real solutions to our problems. (From Codependent No More, found in The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie, 27 April)

People very often do not accept the truth, because they do not like the form in which the truth is presented to them. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 2 May)

I'm willing to provide a box of tissues to help with your issues. (Richard E. Henthorn after Wake Up and Smell the Coffee by Andrew Frothingham and Tripp Evans, 24 April)

  • Yesterday I learned how to create a mailing list on Facebook. The list facilitates sending the same message to a number of people. I created one for Library of Congress friends. I sent a message to test and received a reply from one of the recipients.
  • Cyndi travels to Las Vegas today to attending a Coop convention. She called from Dulles to let me know she was ready to board the plane for the five-hour flight. She returns home on Friday.
  • Neither Cyndi or I are able to complete a phone call to Volcan where Melva is now. Melva called me yesterday using her cellphone. I was glad she did because I wanted her to know why we hadn't called. She moves to the city again tomorrow. I'll try calling again on Tuesday.
  • I used Picasa to prepare some photo collages that I want to post to my blogs this week. I like the "grid" format that displays nine photos. It's easy to do.
  • There's a way to test FIOS Internet download and upload speeds. Our plan is supposed to be 10/2. That means 10 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload. My test indicated that the speed is 7.579/1.95. Mbps.
  • Today the iris plants in the backyard are in bloom. I saw at least a half dozen different varieties.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: