Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What is Actually Going On?

Take a close look.

You must realize what is actually going on before you can effectively deal with it. (Ralpha in Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant, 26 April)

The challenge that chronic illness presents is to reorganize our goals so they are still practical and attainable. ... [The chronic illness is] not going to go away. Things will never be the same as before. Accepting this fact is a colossal challenge. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 25 April)

  • I continued to work on my clutter elimination project. I made a run to the thrift store with several items. I filled to waste baskets with envelopes and paper. I'm ready to seal two boxes of envelopes I'm donating to The Art Cover Exchange. I'm still mulling over what to do with the five-inch floppy disks. I don't have a computer that can read them. This is a big issue with changing computer technology.
  • I learned that former co-worker, Katy, will retired on July 3rd. She invited me to her retirement luncheon on June 24th. I'm planning to attend.
  • The initial interest in the two Facebook groups for The Class of '57 has worn off. Both groups have less than twenty members. About 75% of the members never post anything after they join. I wonder if this is the experience with most groups.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: