Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Story



Photo: Cyndi Henthorn (Dick Henthorn at Grace's Fortune on his 70th birthday)

I am looking for progress, not perfection. (Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, One More Day, 9 May)

I am the only one who can tell my story. (Courage to Change, 10 May)

I choose to simplify my life and pay attention to what's really important. (Susan Smith Jones, Choose to Live Each Day, Day 132)

  • Yesterday I found a second website where one can make a fake magazine cover with an uploaded photograph. I created one that looks like a Time cover with a 70th birthday photo of myself. I posted the photo on the Facebook wall. Today I'm going to include the same item in my Google blog because that will make it available to more people.
  • Yesterday I received notice that my college roommate, Tom, had joined Facebook. I think he will enjoy the postings of the Class of '57 group of Wichita High School - East.
  • Today Melva returns to work. While she was in Panama the Hair Cuttery closed the shop where she was working. Melva chose to move to their shop in Crofton, MD. The new shop is about three miles away from the one that closed. It's in a small mall where there's a KMart. That should bring business to the shop. Melva talked to several of her customers yesterday and some will show up today. We stopped by the old shop to see if the manager had put up a sign to let customers know where the employees went. The only message was about the manager and one other employee who decided to move to a barbershop at the back of the Hilltop Mall. We brought along some tape and a 3 x 5 card with the phone number of the Crofton shop because we anticipated that this would happen. As I always say, "This is a hairy business." Only strong women can be hair dressers for many years. Most fall by the wayside early on.


Mr. Dickie

No comments: