Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No Guarantees



Photo: Mr. Dickie (Iris in our backyard, Spring 2009)

There are no guarantees. If we are waiting for guaranteed courses of action we may spend much of our life waiting. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 15 May)

The only things you can really control in life are your thoughts and that is not easy. (Susan Smith Jones, Choose to Live Each Day Fully, Day 142)

I do not have to plan the rest of my life this morning. (Food For Thought, 15 May)

  • Yesterday I moved the Iris photos I took in the backyard from the camera to the laptop computer. I also posted a photo I took of my high school yearbook cover to the Class of '57 group on Facebook.
  • I enjoyed a short phone conversation with my cousin, Brad, in California. We hadn't talked for a long time.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: