Saturday, May 30, 2009

Life


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Peony in our backyard, Spring 2009)
Seek to learn constantly while you live; do not wait in the faith that old age by itself will bring wisdom. (Solon in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 9 May)

You should live your life as if you are ready to say good-bye to it at any moment, as if the time left you is some pleasant surprise. (Marcus Aurelius in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 12 May)

I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there can be any good thing I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now. (William Penn in One More Day by Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, 30 May)

When death comes, what has been done is done. We'll receive no second chances. (Kay Arthur, Search My Heart, O God, 11 May)
  • Yesterday Melva resumed attending her Friday quilting class at the Bowie Senior Center. The ladies have been making handbags while she was gone. They played Bingo. The prize was quilt blocks.
  • We went to WalMart late in the day to pick up the photos Melva took in Panama. We wasted our time. They still hadn't been delivered. To prevent the trip from being a complete loss we bought two bags of birdseed and several other items.
  • In the evening I read about Google Mail in a book I checked out of the library. I like how it works with the photo management program, Picasa.
  • I reviewed the procedure to order 250 "free" business cards off the Internet for $6.00. My account was still there. Sunday Melva will get all of the details while she is at work. She plans to use the same design. I make my own business cards with nine lines of information on white card stock using the computer and printer. Melva's have a purple flower on a purple background. They are quite attractive.
  • Today is the 90th birthday of my Henthorn family cousin, Brad. We talked the other day on the phone. Congratulations Brad on achieving this life milestone!

Mr. Dickie

No comments: