Sunday, May 17, 2009

Need To Be Right


Indeed, this need of individuals to be right is so great that they are willing to sacrifice themselves, their relationships, and even love for it. (Reuel Howe in Touchstones, 28 April)

I keep all my agreements and make only those agreements that I can keep. (Susan Smith Jones, Choose to Live Each Day Fully, Day 120)
  • Yesterday I went to the school track for my walk. I wanted to check my pedometer calibration. As I suspected, it's off. At the end of the walk it displays more miles than I actually walked. At the end of thirteen laps it showed that I had walked four miles. It should take sixteen laps to walk four miles on a quarter-mile track. As we used to say, "It's close enough for government work."
  • This week I will be busy wrapping up some projects I've been working on while Melva was in Panama,. She returns to Maryland early on Thursday morning. The plane is scheduled to arrive about 2:00 a.m. at Dulles. I'll pick her up. The flight from Panama to Dulles takes just over four hours. I wonder if she can clear customs by 3:00 a.m. It will probably be after 4:00 a.m. bfore we arrive at the house.
  • I had trouble getting the laptop to boot up this morning. I hate when this happens. If my anxiety level could be measured with a thermometer the top would blow out.
  • I received Email from former co-worker, Bill, in Florida and from Linda, a Henthorn/Cooley relative who manages the Cooley website. It was great to hear from both of them.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: