Sunday, May 10, 2009

Do Not Feel Desperate About It

Photo: Mr. Dickie (Melva's backyard azalea, May 2009)

Real goodness is always simple. Simplicity is so attractive and so profitable that it is strange that so few people truly lead simple lives. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 23 April)

A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action not reaction. (Rita Mae Brown in Touchstones, 30 April)

Criticize yourself, but do not feel desperate about it. (Epictetus in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 1 May)
  • I made a couple of test videos with my digital camera. In one I panned the azaleas in front of the house. I tried to upload this 20-second video to Facebook. That didn't work. I was successful in uploading the video to one of my Google blogs. The video itself wasn't very good. I deleted it right after I confirmed that it would work.
  • There's something wrong with the phone connection to Panama. I haven't been able to complete a call for several days. Yesterday Melva called me and her call got cut off after a couple of minutes. I spent about twenty minutes waiting for help from the phone card company yesterday. I was told to try again in two hours. I did and the line still went dead. I'm frustrated.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: