Monday, May 4, 2009

Values


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Blackwater Falls, WV)

If you want an accurate picture of your present values, analyze how you spend your time each day. Ask yourself if your activities reflect the things that are - or should be - closest to your heart. (Kay Arthur, Search My Heart, O God, 1 May)

Instead of worrying about other people and trying to pronounce judgement on their needs and efforts, it would be better to concentrate on .. [my] own progress. (Food For Thought, 29 April)
  • I spent a lot of time yesterday on the phone. I called my high school friend, Thad, in Philadelphia and Melva in Panama. I received phone calls from John in Crofton and Gary in Odenton.
  • I finished my review of the Art Cover Exchange envelopes that I intend to send to my friend Charlie in Elyria, Ohio. All that remains is to pack them in a box or boxes and go to UPS to make the shipment.
  • Another day of rain is expected today. The trees and bushes look beautiful. I'm waiting for a sunny day because I want to take some photos of the azaleas while they are in full bloom.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: