Friday, August 15, 2008

Blackwater Falls, West Virginia




Photos: Mr. Dickie (Blackwater Falls, West Virginia)

Write down your goals and the [names of the] people who can help you make them happen. (Marc Myers in How to Make Luck, found in Instant Health and Happiness Boosters by M.J. Ryan, 12 August)

... I make today and every day a day for giving thanks for all the people in my life. (Colleen Zuck, Daily Word, Day 152)

I created an article about Thomas Cresap for my Henthorn Website News blog today. There was a relationship between Thomas Cresap and the Henthorns because of marriage. The Cresap family and the Henthorn family were in Maryland and Pennsylvania in the 1730s. At one point they were on the west bank of the Susquehanna River near where Wrightsville, PA is now located. In the piece I included two photographs I took of the Cresap family monument at Cumberland, Maryland, a biographical sketch about Thomas Cresap, links to two articles on my website that mention Cresap, and a link to the website of The Cresap Society.

I discovered another way to upload photographs to AOL using My Pictures. This method will be very useful because a number of photographs can be uploaded quickly and at one time. Once the photos are staged on AOL it's very easy to use them in any AOL blog.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: