Tuesday, August 26, 2008

On The Road Again


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Flowers at Tanger Outlet - Rehoboth Beach, Delaware)

    • ...whatever the cause, if our intimate relations aren't satisfying our emotional
      needs, we owe it to ourselves to confront the problem. (Vanceburg and
      Silverman, Family Feelings, 19 August)
    • I will try to pay attention to the "details" of my life. These are the
      things I will someday wish I could remember. (Jonathon and Wendy Lazear,
      Meditations for Parents Who Do Too Much, 21 August)
    • The most difficult thing in life is to know yourself. (Thales in At My Best, 18 August)

Our Ford minivan was at the dealer's shop all day yesterday. When I put gas in the van to get ready for the trip to the beach the engine light went on. The shop talked about three things that needed to be replaced. The only one I understood was "software upgrade." What are we supposed to do with these modern cars? If the mechanics say something needs to be done we are at their mercy. We really don't have a clue. When I left the shop the mechanic told me, "Watch the engine light for a few days to see if it comes back on." Good grief!

I'm "on the road again."

I'm frustrated with Facebook photo uploading. Sometimes the "slow" way works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't understand how to install "Active X" so i can't try that method. There's a similar photo uploading problem on AOL when I try to load a photo to my blog from the computer. It takes too long and I often get frustrated and abort the process.

Yesterday I worked on trying to eliminate the paper clutter around my computers. The paper shredder was a big help. I made new file folders and managed to find enough room in my file cabinet to put quite a bit of paper away. I don't think my filing system is very good. Sometimes after I put something in the file cabinet, it's lost. That's when I think my "piling" system works better.

Mr. Dickie

Posted by Picasa

No comments: